Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cannes: Up and Away

I am staying on the corner of Dior and Ferragamo - almost literally! To get to the apartment where I am staying I have to see the items in these stores every day. It seems so unfair. Add to that the storefronts of Louis Vuitton and Chanel that I also have to walk past everyday...torturous for a shopaholic!

Things are easing into full swing, preparing for a big weekend ahead. Spent the day sorting out the interviews I have coming up in the next few days. I’ve also been finding out which films are set to cause a buzz here. Filmmakers and producers like to grab your attention at Cannes. Outside one of the “big 5” hotels is a giant Transformers figure. I, of course, tower above it – not!

This poster advertising Quentin Tarantino's new movie, which Brad Pitt stars in had me laughing. I can imagine tons of women walking past, shaking their heads in disagreement!

Apparently Brad and Angie were due to arrive here by now - the It couple just knows how to make the paparazzi go crazy!

Also heard the man who sold his life on ebay is here too - wonder if he is looking for a movie deal...?

Toasting with some Amarula: director John Barker has been selected by Cannes L'Atelier section of the festival to fast-track his next movie.

1 comment:

Cannes Rental Apartment said...

Thanks for sharring information about Miss n-tertainment.It was nice post.