Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Soundtrack

I love it when it happens. I'll be sitting in a movie and seeping in through the screen I'll hear a snippet of the song that's been selected to accompany the scene. Sometimes I end up concentrating so hard on the hearing the song, I lose interest in what's going on on-screen. Other times it all comes together so well, enhancing my whole "cinematic experience".

Some of the best CDs I own are soundtracks: Brokedown Palace, which introduced me to the haunting sounds of Plumb; City of Angels, with that tribute to overcoming grief by Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush; Garden State, with the Imogen-Heap-led Frou Frou. I even got into the whole Robert Pattinson thing because of the song he added to the Twilight soundtrack.

More recently, in the film Public Enemies, I found another gem. In between watching Johnny Depp play the charming John Dillinger, I heard this song:

No comments: