Wednesday, September 9, 2009

So much to do...so little time?

I went to the launch of the Joburg Tourism's Spring Fever campaign yesterday - and it just hit me how many wonderful things are taking place in the City of Gold this month. I mean, don't get me wrong, I already know about many of the events taking place as I do a weekly What's On slot on David O'Sullivan's show on 702. But seeing all the festivals - 10 to be exact - in front of me, just made me smile with delight. And yes, it has a little to do with the fact that I am a huge fan of the Whisky Live event ;) Oh, and that there is also something called the Joburg Shopping Festival!


It's just the excitment of things to do. One of the reasons I love New York so much is that on any given day there is a host of things to do. Okay, look, a lot of them are also free and spontaneous, but there is nothing better than being spoilt for choice when it comes to the arts and being entertained.

Pic from Joburg Tourism Company


The lineup includes:
• The Johannesburg Shopping Festival running until the end of September
• Arts Alive! running from September 3-27 at various venues in the city.
• Soweto Festival taking place from September 24-27 at University of Johannesburg’s Soweto Campus
• Sanlam Fashion week running from September 16-19 at the Sandton Convention Centre.
• Taste of Joburg running from September 30 to October 4, showcasing 16 restaurants
• Soweto Food Festival taking place from October 1-4
• WineX running from October 30-November 1 at the Sandton Convention Centre
• Soweto Beer Festival running from October 30-November 1.
• FNB Whisky Live Festival taking place at the Sandton Convention Centre from November 11-14.
Now, if only I could find time to make sure I go to all ten of the events!

No comments: