It's just the excitment of things to do. One of the reasons I love New York so much is that on any given day there is a host of things to do. Okay, look, a lot of them are also free and spontaneous, but there is nothing better than being spoilt for choice when it comes to the arts and being entertained.
Pic from Joburg Tourism Company
The lineup includes:
• The Johannesburg Shopping Festival running until the end of September
• Arts Alive! running from September 3-27 at various venues in the city.
• Soweto Festival taking place from September 24-27 at University of Johannesburg’s Soweto Campus
• Sanlam Fashion week running from September 16-19 at the Sandton Convention Centre.
• Taste of Joburg running from September 30 to October 4, showcasing 16 restaurants
• Soweto Food Festival taking place from October 1-4
• WineX running from October 30-November 1 at the Sandton Convention Centre
• Soweto Beer Festival running from October 30-November 1.
• FNB Whisky Live Festival taking place at the Sandton Convention Centre from November 11-14.
Now, if only I could find time to make sure I go to all ten of the events!